There are many ways you can learn how to research your ancestors. Here are a few ways:
- Join and attend our monthly meetings and learn from our regional or national speakers.
- Stop into our library and ask our volunteer librarian about what resources we might have available for you to browse.
- Review the resources listing on our website.
- Follow us on Facebook as we often post helpful websites or tips on researching your ancestors.
- Join a special interest group – we currently have Norwegian General Interest Group or GIG. This group meets the last Tuesday of the month. One does NOT have to be a member of SVGS to attend our general interest group!
- Attend a regional, state, or national conference on genealogy research.
- Visit one of the major libraries with special collections for genealogy.